Council On Library/Media Technicians
COLT HOME PAGE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
A. Mission Statement
The purpose of the Home Page of the Council on Library/Media Technicians, Inc. (COLT) is to
distribute information consistent with the mission and policies of COLT.
The COLT Home Page provides:
- COLT members and others in the library community with information about COLT and its
- the means to become active in COLT and COLT activities.
- links to other relevant web resources.
B. COLT Web Team
The COLT Web Team will consist of the Webmaster(s), Membership chairperson, two
appointees, and the President.
The COLT Webmasters are Linda Owen, email@example.com and Julia D. Ree, firstname.lastname@example.org
The COLT Web Team will:
- participate in the design, development, organization and maintenance of the COLT Home
- facilitate the process for loading content on the web server, including obtaining information
and formatting documents (including images) for uploading to the library web server.
- develop, maintain and ensure compliance with style guidelines.
- serve as contact for user questions on particular web pages where appropriate.
- have final approval on COLT Home Page content.
Questions about the COLT Home Page, or suggestions for corrections
and/or changes should be directed to the COLT Home Page Webmaster(s)
C. Who May Submit Information to the COLT Home Page
The following people or groups may submit information to the COLT Home Page:
- The COLT Executive Board
- Special Committees
- Members of COLT via the COLT Web Team
- Others in the library community via the COLT Web Team
D. Host Site
The COLT Home Page is hosted by the Library of the University of California Riverside. All
effort will be made to adhere to the library's rules regarding sponsored professional pages.
All sites sponsored by the Library must include the following statement: "This website is hosted by the Library of the University of California, Riverside,
but all content is the sole responsibility of the maintaining organization."
Any questions deriving from the sponsorship of the COLT Home Page should be directed to
All material on the COLT Home Page is protected by copyright. None of this material may be published or altered without the permission of the copyright
owners, whether they be the original authors, who have given us permission to include their material, or us. However, others may freely provide links to
the COLT Home Page from other Web sites.
- Links from the COLT Home Page should be to sites that are professionally related,
support staff related or related to COLT activities (conference hotels, tours, etc.)
- By providing links, COLT does not endorse any particular site or company, or
guarantee that said link exists.
- When notified that a link is no longer active, it will be deleted from the COLT Home
G. General Information
- The Webmaster(s) or any member of the COLT Web Team has the right to edit copy to
conform to style standards.
- The Webmaster(s) and/or Web Team has the final determination of what is to be posted
to the COLT Home Page and the form in which it is posted. All decisions will be based
on the COLT Home Page Mission Statement and established COLT policies and
procedures, as well as the policies and procedures of the host server.
- The COLT Webmaster(s) or Web Team may determine an item is more appropriate for
another web page such as the Library Support Staff Resource Center. If so, the person
submitting the material will be so notified.
- Although every attempt will be made to keep information current and accurate, COLT
cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided.
- All parties providing information on the COLT Home Page warrant that copying,
distribution, and use of such materials in connection with the COLT Home Page does
not violate any other party's proprietary rights.
- The COLT Home Pages will be tested using Netscape and Microsoft Internet Explorer
browsers, or any other browsers as deemed appropriate by the Web Team.
- The sale of merchandise is restricted until the Host Site
establishes policy governing such action.